Title: Senior Researcher, Machine Learning Researcher
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Artificial Intelligence Center
Location: Mountain View, CA
The AI center at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated researcher/engineer. We are looking for candidates with machine learning and deep learning background. You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems involving Samsung’s Artificial Intelligence initiatives. You will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. The AI research center is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have influence on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement novel deep learning/reinforcement learning algorithms for a variety of artificial intelligence problems, including semantic understanding of multimodal data (visual+voice, sensor+voice, visual+sensor, etc.), natural language processing, visual understanding, audio and speech signal processing, etc.;
- Apply machine learning algorithms onto various domains (e.g., AR, robotics, health, home);
- Generate creative solutions (patents) and publish research results in top conferences (papers);
Background / Experience:
- Experience in deep learning technologies on natural language processing (e.g., language modeling, semantic parsing, natural language generation, etc.);
- Experience in deep learning technologies on computer vision (e.g., scene understanding, object detection, etc.);
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning and digital signal on audio and speech processing (e.g., sound separation, sound denoising, automatic speech recognition, etc.);
- Experience in multimodal deep learning technologies (e.g., multimodal representation learning and multimodal fusion network architecture design and architecture search, etc.);
- Experience in deep learning technologies (e.g, Transformer, CNN, RNN, Seq2seq, etc.);
- Strong background in machine learning (generative model, discriminative model, neural network, transfer learning, GAN, one-shot or few shot learning, unsupervised learning, semi-supervised learning, weakly supervised learning, meta-learning, outlier detection, etc.);
- Proficiency in a neural network library (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.);
- Proven track record of research/publications on machine learning and artificial intelligence field (NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACL, EMNLP, ICASSP, etc.);
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Team work and communication skills are required
- PhD. in CS, EE, or related field is required
Compensation for this role is expected to be between $152,700 and $186,650, but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Actual pay will be determined considering factors such as relevant skills and experience, and comparison to other employees in the role.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.