About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman).
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Payments and Operations Administrator with a passion for operational activities of the company.
The role involves managing Receivable and Reconciliations in a busy Fintech environment.
Reporting to the Payments and Operations Manager, you’ll learn our products inside out and build relationships with our customers to understand their needs, assist them with product applications, and support them through the product life cycle.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are excited by the power of technology.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- You have experience in a customer or client facing environment.
- You are confident and flexible, with the ability to handle a fast moving environment, interacting with a wide range of people.
- You have excellent communication skills and are capable of presenting complex details, concepts and information in an easy to understand format.
- You have Accounting Technician qualification or qualified by experience.
- You have 2+ year’s operational experience in a similar environment.
- You have Experience in the Fintech sector (an advantage).
- You have Excellent attention to detail, strong numerical accuracy.
- You have Advanced excel skills and experience working with other accounting software packages.
- You have Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines, managing and prioritizing workload on a weekly/monthly basis.
- You have Ability to work with our customer Groups.
- You have good initiative to implement changes and excellent communication skills to deal with customers/suppliers/staff/directors.
What you’ll do
- Record Bank Transactions and maintain creditor’s ledger.
- Dealing with queries on customer payments, reconciling accounts and managing payment runs.
- Resolving customer accounts queries in a timely manner.
- Posting and reconciling transactions on the accounting platform, (Xero) includes, raising, reconciling and allocating payments against invoices.
- Performing daily reconciliation and intra company bank sweeps across various SPV accounts.
- Daily payments disbursal using the BACS, CHAPS and direct debit payment methods.
- Maintaining debtor’s ledger, credit control.
- Bank lodgements, direct debit payments, handling cash payments.
- Preparation of month end accounts.
- Preparation of month end bank reconciliations, to Trial Balance stage.
- Other Ad-hoc duties will evolve with this role.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.