At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for MSSQL Server Developers who possess a passion for database development and optimization. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Database team provides development and operational support for critical platforms and services.
- Work directly as part of agile software engineering teams to design, develop, maintain, and enhance database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and up) for all of Rockstar Game’s products.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of existing T-SQL queries to identify issues and implement changes to increase query performance.
- Create and maintain database documentation.
- Serve as database subject matter expert, to internal teams, on the structure and content of relational databases.
- Work with Builds Engineering teams to improve database deployment automation.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule to support database operations.
- 5+ years of experience developing in T-SQL stored procedures, functions, views etc.
- Experience creating, altering, tuning and debugging large complex stored procedures.
- Experience with database design including referential integrity.
- Experience designing large, high transaction, high availability database schemas.
- Advanced T-SQL DDL and DML skills.
- Strong knowledge of different types of indexes and best practices applying them.
- Experience with practical application of best practices with relational data modelling using SQL Server.
- Ability to troubleshoot common database issues.
- Adept at solving complex problems, strong analytical skills, and conduct root cause analysis on query performance issues.
- Knowledge of deployments and source control.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; independent worker, self-starter, ability to work without direct supervision.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for Rockstar Games.
- Knowledge of .NET/C#.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and big data technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL Server internals.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and ETL.
- Previous experience in a CI/CD environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.