At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented Animation Development Assistant who possess a passion for animation and video games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We support the global ambient animation team as they provide animation for characters appearing in the animation sequences in our games.
- We implement, export, and troubleshoot ambient animations into the engine.
- We work closely with the animation team and help them by testing tools and workflows.
- We work collaboratively with the global animation, code and design teams to problem solve and implement performances in our games.
- General support for the animation team.
- Preparation and support of performance capture.
- Provide animation tagging to ensure proper functionality of In-Game assets.
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting assets In-Game.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings.
- Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with leads, directors and production staff.
- QA different areas of the animation pipeline including but not limited to rigs, software upgrades and tools developed by the technical and ambient animation teams.
- Preferred degree with an emphasis in 3D Art or Animation or equivalent work experience.
- Great interpersonal skills. Must be able to work closely in a team setting and with other departments.
- A willingness to be involved in all aspects of the development process.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
- Eagerness to learn new workflows and software tools.
- Motivated, flexible and autonomous.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Genuine enthusiasm for video games; especially Rockstar titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Motion Builder/3ds Max.
- Quality Assurance experience.
- Experience managing web content. E.g. wikis, dashboards.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.