At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Live Ops Analytics to join our growing Analytics Team. This full-time position is based out of Rockstar’s NYC studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Deliver exceptional data products and insights to the live operations teams working on all our game titles.
- Lead and manage a team of analysts by executing the vision for the team.
- Shape the analytics roadmap, and define value added initiatives for the team.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative driven insights with game knowledge to recommend potential avenues to the game and business teams.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to hire best-in-class Analysts.
- Mentor, coach and develop team members toward their yearly and personal goals.
- Lead the development of consumer-ready recommendations, insights, and reporting to Analytics team leadership, product managers, and live operations groups.
- Lead the research and development of state-of-the-art data mining and reporting solutions to understand game design, system performance, and key business behaviors, such as player engagement.
- Lead the awareness and training of data and tools.
- Lead scoping and business priority-setting and develop functional specifications.
- 5+ years in team leadership and management.
- 8+ years in an Analytics or similar role in the video game, marketing, finance, forensics, or technology fields required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence or any other relevant field).
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (Python, R, and Tableau) required.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Experience with Hadoop or Snowflake.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Talent Acquisition Specialist will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.