At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North are on the lookout for a talented Applications Support hire who is passionate, enthusiastic, and self-motivated, to join our global IT team. This is a full-time permanent position based at our Rockstar North studio in Edinburgh
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver global IT systems infrastructure and enterprise applications to the development teams.
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
- Work as part of the IT Applications team to maintain and expand the applications portfolio.
- Test new applications during POC phase and onboarding.
- Feature test application upgrades and feature updates.
- Review release notes for new app versions and report on key changes.
- Perform QA cycles on internally developed software and systems.
- Raise tickets to ensure identified issues are fixed by relevant IT team.
- Assist with Security and Legal clearance process, where necessary.
- Assist broader IT teams with queries around the IT applications portfolio.
- Document new applications/features for consumption by Rockstar staff globally.
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT role, supporting industry standard on-premise and SaaS applications.
- Knowledge of industry standard on-premise and SaaS applications.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Windows enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of industry standard on-premise and SaaS applications such as Office 365, Slack, Zoom, Confluence, ServiceNow, etc.
- Knowledge of IT desktop hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Active Directory & Exchange Online.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 OS.
- Knowledge of MacOS.
- Knowledge of current generation mobile devices: iOS, iPadOS and Android.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both verbally and written, with an awareness of intended audience.
- Ability to create, review and maintain high quality documentation.
- Ability to carry out in-depth research and create detailed, high-quality reports.
- Ability to track multiple projects and collaborate with multiple teams across time zones.
- The ability to express thoughts and opinions openly and constructively.
- Ability to work productively, collaboratively, and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of linux environment.
- Knowledge of current generation video game consoles.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.