At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented UI Developer who possess a passion for creating world class interfaces. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
We are looking for someone with both technical and programming expertise, and experience of working in graphic design, UI and UX.
WHAT WE DO
- We create world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games.
- Work closely with the UI/UX team to bring their vision of UI to life within our games.
- Take provided designs and create a workable, highly polished and fluid UI experience for the player.
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to ongoing challenges.
- Work closely with the UI coders to implement UI features.
- Deliver high quality, bug free work across multiple projects.
- Take an active role within the team to improve our tools and processes.
- Experience with Scaleform.
- Solid working knowledge of Actionscript and OOP concepts.
- Passion for playing and making games.
- Strong communications skills and ability to work in a team.
- Skilled in debugging.
- Attention to detail.
- A good understanding of graphic and UI design principles.
- Knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Experience working with design packages including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Figma.
- Experience with version control, eg Perforce.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.