At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a talented and experienced Test Automation Engineer to join our online development team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in New York City.
With the rapid growth of Grand Theft Auto Online, and other long-term Social Club plans, the successful candidate will be working on bleeding edge technology with an internationally established team, while having great attention to detail, being a strong team player and have excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about games, eager for new challenges, and ready to continue our legacy of creating the greatest games in the world.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We build services and tools that support our consumer-facing experiences and our internal business needs.
- We create companion apps for our games, including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet, and the web.
- Develop, maintain and monitor automated tests.
- Preparation of datasets in test and production environments.
- Debug and triage failures, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Design and build automated testing frameworks.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to support engineering quality and productivity.
- Enable quality and productivity in other teams using our products.
- Collaborate with developers and QA on automated test plans and strategy.
- Constructive feedback on new code to improve quality and ensure testability.
- Collaborate with others to build and maintain our CI/CD tooling and infrastructure.
- A degree in computer science (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years experience testing web applications and/or services.
- Proficient in C#.
- Experience with T-SQL.
- Experience writing automated tests for web applications and services.
- Knowledge of non-functional testing such as accessibility, security, and performance testing.
- Experience building automated test frameworks for unit/integration/end-to-end testing.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
- Experience with automated build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- Experience implementing continuous integration and testing workflow processes.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with React or similar.
- Experience with build tools such as msbuild, webpack or similar.
- Experience with package management such as nuget, npm, or similar.
- Experience with batch, Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with containerization technology (preferably Docker).
- Experience with security testing.
- Experience with performance and load testing.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.