At Rockstar, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is looking for a passionate and talented Character Rigger to join the team to help develop and support our titles.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We design, create and maintain highly complex deformation systems for characters, animals and vehicles that bring our 3D assets to life.
- Bring innovation to dynamic art pipelines through rigs, secondary motion setups and evolving our tools and workflows – from asset creation to its visualization in the engine.
- Work alongside with Artists and Animators providing support and feedback to get the best quality assets in game.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments such as Tools and Code (engine) teams to improve our authoring workflows and animation/graphics systems in runtime.
- You’ll join a global team setting high standards across all of our projects, who have an exacting production focus and attention to detail.
- Build, test and maintain body and face rigs, skinning and secondary motion setups for a variety of 3D assets.
- Use proprietary system to creating and exporting constraints, custom deformers, secondary motion etc to the game engine.
- Work with the team organizing, documenting and maintaining libraries of rig modules that can be shared by a large team of riggers, through multiple projects.
- Work with other Technical Artists improving workflows and tools used internally by the Rigging Team and potentially other departments such as Character Art and Animation.
- Write documentation for pipelines/tools created.
- Staying current with latest technologies/research ongoing in the field to help keep our dynamic art visuals at the cutting-edge regarding motion and deformation.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Character Rigger, Technical Animator or similar/related position.
- A demo reel and online portfolio that demonstrates exceptional skills creating motion controls for animation, complex deformation and skinning of body and face of characters and creatures.
- 3+ years of production experience creating complex rigs for Games, Feature Films or VFX.
- Understanding of human body and facial anatomy as it relates to game assets and topology.
- Strong coding/scripting skills in Python, Mel or Maxscript (candidate may be asked to complete a test).
- Ability to write tools within DCC packages or standalone.
- Understanding of using DCC packages for creating game Art.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Professional experience developing pipelines and creating tools is highly advantageous.
- Experience using other game engines (e.g. Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech).
- A deep understanding of FACS, and facial anatomy both muscle and skeleton.
- Experience with Python (standalone or within the context of a relevant DCC) is highly advantageous.
- Experience programming C++ plugins for Motionbuilder, Maya, 3DS Max or similar DCCs.
- Experience with C# and .NET Core/Framework is highly advantageous.
- Experience using source control software (i.e. Perforce, Git) and working on a code base collaboratively.
- Professional experience as an Artist or Animator in games.
- Professional experience working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Professional experience working in a large team spread across multiple locations and time zones.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.