At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for talented software engineers to join our international Rockstar Gameplay programming team. We are looking for the smartest natural coders out there that we can help grow into skilled engineers, so you can help us develop bleeding edge architectures, evolve and expand our engine, and build tools and systems that make it fast, flexible and easy to use.
Rockstar is a tight community and highly collaborative, so you will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We develop systems, such as navigation, population and weapons.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Work together with designers and animators to deliver features on schedule.
- A sharp eye for qualitative issues is essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1+ year game programming experience.
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Solid C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills: Knowledge of geometry and linear algebra.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Prior experience with console programming.
- Prior experience with AI, Animation, Debugging, Optimization and/or Networking.
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to explore future technologies.
- Passion for games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.