RAPP Dallas is looking for a SVP; Regional Technology Lead, Central to join our award-winning Technology team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
The SVP, Technology serves as the key leader in Data & Technology solutions for the clients supported by our RAPP Central US agency located in Dallas.
- Lead & manage the continuous, sustainable growth of our core Technology disciplines in the Central US region
- Data engineering: providing reliable, available, scalable data solutions to our clients.
- Experience engineering: delivering the right message, to the right audience, in the right context & channel
- Creative engineering: engineering flexible & scalable design systems to achieve fiercely individual experiences
- Software engineering, solving business, customer experience and operational challenges using software & automation
- QA, removing barriers between customers and the experiences we design for them
- DevOps/MLOps, accelerating our release and iteration cycles
- Support, ensuring production systems and applications are meeting our service levels
- Facilitate strong and durable connections between our technology core disciplines and the rest of the agency: Experience Strategy, Creative, Marketing Sciences, Media, Program & Account management)
- Responsible for your teams’ development of technology strategies to support our client business objectives. This includes assessment of marketing technology eco-systems, identification of gaps, and recommendation to enable business goals with the help of technology.
Solution Design & Architecture
- Inform & drive your teams towards best-practice architectures & design patterns, enabling enhanced precision and automation.
Client Technology Leadership
- Responsible for presenting & articulating technology solutions to non-technical clients and internal business owners.
- Primary point of contact for client IT stakeholders. responsible for building confidence with client IT teams and ensuring compliance with client IT rules and contracts.
Internal Team leadership
- Responsible for forming Technology 'Pod' teams for internal development of technology projects
- Primary point of contact for Account/Strategy/Creative teams to discuss technology opportunities
- Responsible for developing technology understanding / competency within the office
- Responsible for promoting technology innovation with RAPP clients by identifying new, relevant technologies, gaining support of global CTO and educating/inspiring local client teams and clients as to what technology can achieve.
- Work with our Operation & Program Management team to establishing RAPP technology processes & Methodologies for ensuring all technology projects are compliant with our client contractual agreements.
- Responsible for quality of technology deliverables to client, ensuring that these are delivered to highest standards of technical, data and user experience
- Responsible for developing technology standards in conjunction with Global CTO and ensuring these are adhered to across projects
- Responsible for assessing risk in current and future projects and proactively developing strategies to minimize risk
- Responsible for identifying future needs for technology partnerships (both licensed solutions and implementation partnerships) in conjunction with Global CTO.
- Responsible for briefing of technology vendors and ensuring on time, on budget delivery by partners
- Responsible for ensuring existing RAPP technology assets, partnerships and internal resources are prioritized ahead of developing new solutions
- Responsible for technology infrastructure required to support Regional technology delivery, leveraging & managing centrally provided resources.
- Responsible for ensuring profitable recovery of infrastructure investment
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of technology experience, 5+ years managing a technology team
- Experience of delivering technology within a client service organization.
- Able to demonstrate technology consultancy skills
- Evidence of forming and managing happy, productive, and innovative technology teams
- Evidence of developing vendor relations/ partnerships to achieve profitable delivery of client goals
- Deep technology experience with the following technologies, or demonstrable exposure and thorough understanding of:
- Major Marketing technology & Journey orchestration platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Experience Cloud, Pega CDH/Marketing, Braze…)
- Adtech & Digital advertising solutions (From creative engineering platforms to audience management, trafficking and reporting)
- Major Cloud Providers (Azure/AWS)
- ETL, Data management & Data solutions (AWS Glue, Azure Data factory, Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Cosmos…)
- Front end Creative engineering (React/JAMstack, GTL/SSJS/AMPScript)
- Content, Asset and/or Product management solutions (Contentful, Umbraco, AEM, Akeneo, Bynder…)
- CI/CD pipeline management, including operationalization of data science AI/ML pipelines.
- Able to demonstrate interest in/active research of emerging technologies and ability to apply these to client marketing opportunities
- Evidence in delivery of innovative solutions, working with creative and other business teams
- Problem solver - able to predict and preempt problems and develop practical actions to solve
- Ownership - believes the quality of the end deliverable is all that counts and will take ownership of all elements of project to achieve this (not pass the responsibility)
- Strong communication skills. Able to make complex subjects understandable for non-technical audience
- Ability to form positive team relationships
- Gravitas – Ability to share your experience in all you do to create confidence with clients and the team.
- Strength of character - able to say no and the ability to recommend/advocate for best-in-class solutions
EDUCATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science is required; Advanced degree in technology / data related field is preferred.
- Recent, hands-on experience developing with C# .NET Core, plus one or more additional frameworks (e.g., LAMP stack, Node.js).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.