PDT Partners, a leading quantitative investment manager, is looking for a highly talented individual to join the Legal, Compliance, and Operational Risk team, focusing primarily on helping us manage operational risk. Operational Risk (OpRisk) aims to improve the firm’s resilience to a broad range of risks that can arise from its processes, systems, or from external events. The ultimate goal of PDT’s OpRisk program is to help the firm anticipate losses, prepare and mitigate in advance, and recover when they occur. Our team works proactively with many other groups to embed a strong risk culture and framework across the firm.
This role is a great opportunity for a smart, detail-oriented individual to learn about the inner workings of a hedge fund in an innovative, collegial environment. As a crucial member of our small, high-performing team, you’ll have a chance to understand how the firm operates and interact with senior colleagues across the firm.
Candidates thinking of applying to law school or business school in a few years are most welcome to apply.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Meeting with various teams throughout PDT to identify and assess the risks associated with their business and technology processes
- Maintaining PDT’s risk register and other risk related materials
- Facilitating business continuity tests across the firm
- Reviewing, tracking and reporting on technology and business incidents
- Writing and maintaining various risk related policies and procedures
- Reviewing regulatory and industry best practice guidance on important operational risk areas (including, cybersecurity and business continuity planning)
- Assisting with organizing and preparing content for governance committees
- Preparing regular and ad hoc regulatory filings
- Testing various operational controls
- Coordinating meetings and training sessions
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Extremely diligent, organized, and meticulously attentive to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple internal tasks and meet firm deadlines for both short- and long-term projects
- Flexible and motivated to take ownership of projects and demonstrate follow-through
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to contribute to an intellectually challenging and friendly team environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record (all majors welcome—ideal candidates are distinguished by the ability to apply their background to inform and enhance their work)
DISCLAIMER: This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). PDT will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, PDT will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.