Finding and hiring exceptional people who are also great cultural fits is key to our success. To help lead our recruiting efforts, we're looking for an ambitious Recruiter to join our Talent and Culture Team.
The person in this role will have the freedom to define and execute hiring strategies, manage relationships with internal stakeholders, and design and implement a range of special projects (such as unconventional approaches to sourcing and branding). To thrive in this work, the right person will have an uncanny ability to evaluate talent and fit, high emotional intelligence, and a conviction that the details matter. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the culture and future of our firm.
This is a hybrid position and will require the person to work from our New York City office at minimum 3 days a week.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 30+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Run the full lifecycle of talent acquisition (strategy, sourcing, interviewing, closing) for positions at all levels, across the firm (business operations, technology).
- Partner with hiring managers on organizational needs, position specifications, search strategy, the assessment process, and eliminating sticking points.
- Consistently reflect PDT's values when interacting with candidates and colleagues.
- Enhance our branding, from the way we describe PDT to the creation of precisely targeted outreach efforts.
- Continually seek ways to streamline and systematize the recruiting team's workflow.
- Manage relationships with recruiting agencies, including contract negotiation.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 3+ years of recruiting experience, ideally including talent acquisition for tech or finance firms.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- A highly analytical mind matched with strong acumen—you can synthesize multiple perspectives, crystallize priorities and tradeoffs, and identify the most reasonable path forward.
- Superb judgment and discretion.
- A history of launching effective branding strategies.
- Meticulousness and impressive organizational skills, alongside self-initiative, tenacity, and integrity.
- Intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn about our business.
- Bachelor's degree from a strong academic program.
The salary range for this role is between $135,000 and $230,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: For information on ways PDT may collect, use, and process your personal information, please see PDT’s privacy notices.