We’re looking for a few talented software engineers to join our world-class team. PDTers are creative, energetic, friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative. If you could walk around our office, you’d see that we’re a focused, intent, and nimble company with none of the attitude and bureaucracy of a stereotypical Wall Street trading firm. Our engineers love to work on challenging and complicated problems, and in return, they have a chance to make a direct impact on our bottom line. For the right talent, there is fantastic growth potential.
Post Trade owns the platform that routes and manages all of our post-trade data, as well as the software that handles the intricate needs of our fund accounting and operations teams. Designing software tailored to those needs—related to trade data, expense allocation, and financing, to name a few—is a top business priority with clear, significant impact. Your systems will be used by nearly every team at the company.
Successful engineers at PDT move fluidly between roles over time. Engineering jobs at PDT have some different flavors with a mix of C++, Java, and Python focuses. Having said that, we're open to any OOP experience, so long as you're comfortable working in one of our primary languages.
- Understand (and anticipate) the software challenges faced by our fund accounting and operations teams, then engineer efficient, user-friendly solutions
- Lead the evolution of our post-trade technology stack for research, finance, risk, and compliance
- Help select, vet, and integrate open-source and third-party platforms
Why join us? PDT Partners has a 27+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
Below is a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 4-8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing scalable and highly reliable software systems
- Familiarity with Linux, distributed systems programming, and multithreaded programming
- Significant experience programming in an object-oriented programming language
- Experience in and enthusiasm for scoping requirements and collaborating with colleague-clients
- Knowledge of, or interest in, trading and finance is beneficial
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science
DISCLAIMER: This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). PDT will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, PDT will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.