About You: Skills and Attributes - How You Contribute To Our Vision:
- You have solved multiple problems by writing code to automate your way out of them and have a passion for replacing manual processes time and time again with your code
- You have been responsible for running critical services that multiple customers depend upon. You understand the importance and impact that operational optimization can have on a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire organization
- You believe CI servers, push-button deploys, time-series datastores, metrics dashboards, and centralized logging are not just “nice to haves,” they are critical pieces of infrastructure that rapidly pay for themselves. You are familiar with the tool-space and can suggest products in each of these areas.
- You are empathetic: You take others’ opinions into account and clearly communicate your thoughts to reach technical solutions quickly.
- You consider it important to understand and appreciate your customers, and enjoy seeing your work improve the work of others.
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with other team members and stakeholders like developers, operations, and security teams.
- You partner with Engineering stakeholders to design and deliver a reliable, scalable, secure, and performant platform.
- You continuously strive to improve the customer experience: Full lifecycle support (creation, development, deployment, retirement), observability, flexible connectivity, and monitoring.
- You stay current on technology trends in order to suggest innovative tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- You share your expertise with the entire Engineering organization
- You participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. And yes, we use PagerDuty to manage our on-call schedules.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra and/or MongoDB.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages like Ruby, Python, or Golang
- Experience working on cloud-native infrastructure in AWS
- Experience working with a container scheduler platform, preferably Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation) for managing database & cloud resources
- Knowledge of various Kafka-related tools and frameworks, such as Apache ZooKeeper, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, and Kafka API, can help with integrating Kafka-based solutions with external systems, data sources, and data destinations.
- Experience with monitoring, observability and logging platforms for databases (e.g. DataDog, New Relic, SumoLogic, Splunk, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management systems like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet for database infrastructure management
- Experience in automating database releases, continuous integration/delivery systems, and relevant tools (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Buildkite, etc.) with a focus on database performance and reliability.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We offer a hybrid, flexible environment. Find balance with remote working, while also enjoying ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.