Mobile Developer - Android
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers. They rely on our mobile apps to gain insight and respond to critical disruptions on the go. PagerDuty on mobile is trusted by hundreds of users every single day - we need people who are passionate to help us shape the way others see mobile in the incident management space.
We are not afraid to use the latest and greatest tools and languages for our live production apps to deliver a great experience to our customers' Android phones, tablets, and wearable devices. We're looking for an Android engineer to join our Mobile Engineering group. As a member of the team, you will use your understanding of the Android platform to make the PagerDuty mobile experience the best it can possibly be.
We've got a great foundation, but need your help to build the next generation of our Android applications! You will get a chance to work in all of our mobile code bases and the APIs that power them.
Established in late 2021, Lisbon, Portugal is PagerDuty’s second location in Europe, after London, UK, and with activity further bolstered by a sales team across the continent. Dutonians in Portugal are valued members of our global team, with equal access to competitive pay and benefits, learning and development programs, structured career architecture and opportunities for advancement, company culture events, and the enriching experience of collaborating with colleagues all around the world.
Based on the success of the region, we are excited to have expanded our presence in Europe with our Portugal location, along with now offering our customers a European hosting option for data assets, including customer-generated data.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- You will design and implement new user-facing features on the Android platform
- Build and develop the core mobile infrastructure and tooling around the mobile frameworks
- You will help drive and define mobile standards by participating in code reviews
- Collaborate with product and UX to deliver the highest quality mobile experiences to all of our supported devices
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have experience with Kotlin, Java, Android SDK and Android Studio
- You have an understanding of Activity/Fragment management and lifecycles, Intents, Broadcast Receivers and Callbacks
- You have an understanding of Android's common software design patterns and libraries
- You have 2+ years developing web and/or mobile applications with REST-based APIs in a professional environment
- You are insightful - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You have knowledge of Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- Knowledge or prior experience with Coroutines, StateFlow and Retrofit
- Knowledge or prior experience with Jetpack Compose
- Exposure to Android unit testing and Fragment testing with Espresso
- You've built a mobile app (even if it was just for fun and not launched in the Play Store)
- Knowledge of MVVM application design and reactive, touch-based UI
- You have an eye for sleek design
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.