PagerDuty is seeking a Helpdesk Superstar. As a seasoned professional, this role will work directly with PagerDuty’s Executive team assisting them with technical issues that span a wide variety of complex problems. This role will work cross-functionally throughout the company to get updates, report issues, schedule meetings, and provide top-notch IT Helpdesk service to our senior leaders.
- Providing dedicated support to our executive team (mainly non-technical leaders), quickly breaking down complex problems into potential design/process solutions, knowns, and unknowns, to get to solid resolutions quickly, removing roadblocks for any problem, independently and with minimal direction/oversight.
- Provide expert diagnosis of computer errors and provide technical support for hardware and software issues
- Can research and propose new technologies with The Helpdesk’s assistance.
- Identify and implement broader fixes for challenges (either process and/or technology-driven) to better improve services and team performance, with little-to-no assistance specifically with the goal of improving this on behalf of the executive team
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as a strong representative of the team that is being supported.
- Communicate to the PD team and culture externally. Identify areas that PD can share effectively with the outside world and guides the creation of content and communication around these areas.
- Act as a role model and mentor to every member of the team.
- Impact future product or technical/business strategy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in technical field
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical help desk environment
- Expert ability to explain complicated technical problems in terms that non-technical people understand
- Strong project- and time-management skills, including participation in cross-functional project initiatives
- Exceptional and unparalleled knowledge of existing resources and tools
- Able to work with increasingly unstructured and nebulous problems and to satisfy the executive team
- Able to work both independently, and with high levels of ambiguity, to successfully deliver on requests from the executive team.
The base salary range for this position is 84,000 - 127,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.