Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
The Senior Compliance Counsel II will be a key member of the Ethics, Compliance & Sustainability (ECS) team, serving as an ethics and compliance expert to help drive the delivery of our objectives for the ECS Program and the Ethics Center of Excellence. Reporting to the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and Head of the Ethics Center of Excellence you'll advise on the application of our global compliance program requirements and promote our culture of trust and integrity
- Be the lead investigator on internal investigations, driving data collection and analysis, reviewing documents, preparing interview outlines, conducting interviews, completing investigation reports, and holding readout calls working closely with HR, Legal, and management
- Manage administration of Speak Up, OneTrust’s whistleblower program and the Trustline, our hotline ensuring timely responses and updates to reporters.
- Manage the Code of Trust (aka the Code of Conduct) ensuring that it is up to date, understood, and enforced
- Build out the Ethics & Compliance training program, including content and administration of annual Code of Trust trainings and other bespoke trainings for various teams
- Manage the Ethics program, including the review of conflicts of interest
- Keeping up to date on ethics & compliance regulations and policy developments and ensuring stakeholders are aware of applicable requirements
- Provide sales support by engaging with prospective and existing clients virtually or face-to face and by delivering impactful insight based on client needs
- Passionate about building a culture of trust and integrity
- Able to maintain independence and confidentiality of sensitive information and have a high degree of ethics and integrity
- Highly experienced with conducting investigations in a professional, thorough and confidential manner
- Experienced with compliance training and awareness activities
- Comfortable speaking at webinars and panels and ensuring our sales teams are equipped with the knowledge they need
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Self-motivated, tenacious, curious and creative, with a sense of humor
- Super organized with the ability to manage projects concurrently while maintaining priorities and meeting deadlines.
- JD preferred
- 10+ years of experience, including in an Ethics and Compliance investigative role in a corporate environment (prior government service experience relevant as well)
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the company that built the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people: