Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
As a Data Platform Engineer - Platform, you will be working in our Business Technology Data and Analytics function to develop a sound data foundation and processes that will scale with the company’s growth. You will be the subject matter expert of managing all platform technology stack of the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. You will design and implement frameworks for data pipelines, enabling insights from our Product and Corporate Systems for key partners and decision makers at OneTrust. You would also be responsible for enhancing and maintaining our data warehouse in collaboration with business domain experts, analytics, and engineering teams.
This is a fun role for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems and can also look beyond immediate issues. It is for people who take the initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft and want to be part of creating and defining the team's operating model and contribution to the company. They will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at OneTrust. If this role has your name written all over it, please contact us with a resume so that we explore further.
You will work closely with other team members like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, help to build best in class data platform solutions and architecture for scale.
- Partner with Data Engineers, Data architects, domain experts, data analysts and other teams to design and build data flow frame works in Snowflake using dbt/airflow/Fivetran/ELT tools
- Administration, Production Support and Maintain analytics technology ecosystem (data warehouse, ETL Tools)
- Build and automate AWS cloud native technologies, deploy applications, and provision infrastructure
- Leverage the right tools for the right job to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern data solutions
- Own and document data pipelines and data lineage
- Passion for continuous betterment (i.e. better workflows, automation, efficiency)
- Design, build and implement automation framework for scale that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- Reduces technical debt over time with root cause identification and resolution of system problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of overall experience and 3+ years of experience with very large-scale data warehouse projects
- Very strong experience in SQL, knowledge of dimensional modeling, supporting data warehouse, scaling, optimizing and performance tuning ETL pipelines
- Strong experience in administration of databases, ETL tools and knowledge of basic Unix administration.
- Experience with Python and manipulation of various data formats for extraction and transformation
- Knowledge of ETL tool, Airflow is a big plus.
- Preferred: Prior experience with Snowflake, ETL/Integration tools administration (e.g. Informatica, Matillion, FiveTran)
- Experience with automating AWS cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Knowledge of microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouse technologies (Snowflake, Redshift) and Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.