Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a passion for solving problems to join our agile Product Engineering team at OneTrust. Principal Software Engineers are responsible for developing, contributing to decisions related to design and architecture of new frontend and/or backend features while supporting existing development efforts for our industry-leading platform.
- As a principal engineer, your job is to solve larger problems and translate somewhat vague problems into a set of actionable items. You will need to understand the problem, the business impact and see how it can be improved. It might require you to design new services, change existing services.
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance. Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- Has mastered development best practices. Understands the limits of our tools and when a problem that exceeds those limits deserves the effort of producing a new tool.
- Understands the scope and relationships of large features and production stack for their area. Has subject matter expertise on multiple components.
- Has a strong understanding of all modules/services relevant to own areas of expertise.
- Performs expert programming tasks. Handles large-scale technical debt and refactoring. Shapes coding methodologies and best practices.
- Participates in code reviews and can sign-off on large features. Can sign off on test plans.
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, can explore the solution space (possibly with numerous POCs) to determine correct course of action. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of main area of responsibility. Provides technical leadership for projects including 1–2 individuals.
- High technical and/or technological competence
- Understand and explain the big picture.
- Effective communication & coaching skills
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 8+ years of development experience with Java Web/Enterprise projects
- Hands on experience in Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, JPA, Hibernate, SQL Azure, Azure Cache (Redis), Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Blob storage, MongoDB or Azure Cosmos
- Hands on experience of development and support of enterprise level cloud native application
- Hands on experience of Java Microservices architecture
- Should have worked with Azure Cloud services or on other clouds
- Hands on experience of Continuous integration and Continuous Development
- Experience with MS SQL database applications with writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or Azure Cosmos
- Experience in implementing Junit tests using Mock object frameworks like Mockito and working with code review tools such as SonarQube, Sonar Lint
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture, hands on experience with any event based platform like Kafka , Rabbit MQ , AMQ , etc.
- Good in debugging and troubleshooting skills, hands on experience with any of the logging tool like ELK , SPLUNK , CORALOGIX is a plus.
- OOP design patterns
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, and able to adapt effectively and quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or comfort working in a dynamic environment.
- Team player.Recognized as subject matter expert and advanced individual contributor professional.
- Experience building dashboards or key metrics for production monitoring. (Grafana/micrometer)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Expertise on Security standards SSO, Access Control, Certificate Management, Authentication, OWASP
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.