Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
As a Principal Data Scientist at Onetrust, you will play a pivotal role in driving our data-driven strategies and pioneering new methodologies that will bolster our Trust Platform. You will be involved in developing and implementing advanced algorithms and models that will directly shape our products, services, and decision-making processes.
As a Principal Data Scientist, your mission will involve collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, MLOps engineers, and business stakeholders. You will participate in structuring data pipelines, ensuring high-quality data collection, implementing and deploying machine learning models, and working on end-to-end development of AI-driven solutions. Your role will include fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making and ensuring the successful integration of data science into our business strategies.
- Lead and Drive Data Initiatives: Take the lead in identifying, developing, and implementing advanced machine learning algorithms, particularly in NLP, to extract insights from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Collaborate with Cross-functional Teams: Work closely with data engineers to optimize data collection procedures and MLOps engineers to deploy and monitor models effectively in production environments.
- Develop and Deploy Models: Build, test, and deploy predictive models while maintaining and improving existing models to enhance performance and accuracy.
- Contribute to Product Development: Collaborate with product teams to integrate data-driven insights into product development and enhance user experience.
- Conduct Research and Analysis: Continuously research and evaluate the latest advancements in data science and NLP, applying this knowledge to improve existing methodologies and systems.
- Mentor Junior Team Members: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior data scientists and contribute to the overall growth of the data science team.
- Ensure Data Quality, privacy and Security: Implement best practices for data integrity, security, and privacy, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Communicate Findings: Present findings and insights to stakeholders in a clear, understandable manner, assisting in strategic decision-making processes.
A self-learner who is open to new technologies, processes, or techniques to improve your ability to deliver high-quality software. Someone who asks questions to clarify gaps in understanding.
Your Experience Includes
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data science or a related field.
- Proven expertise in applying machine learning techniques, with a strong focus on NLP.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, and relevant libraries and frameworks (e.g., Sklearn, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience with big data technologies and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Where we Work
OneTrust embraces a hybrid working model. Our Working@ OneTrust initiative is our way of clarifying where we hire, how we work together, and where we’re located in that hybrid model.
The underlying “why” for Working@ is that we are intentional about the culture that we want to create together. That includes bringing teams together, in-person, throughout the year to collaborate, build connections, learn from each other, and celebrate our wins to Finish Stronger.
We are committed to a flexible approach informed by a set of guiding principles. You’ll see that reflected in our worker designations: “Office-flex” and “Location-flex”.
- Office-flex: Like a traditional hybrid model, OneTrust “Office-flex” employees may be asked to work in an office periodically if they are within a commutable distance to a OneTrust office. This includes coming into the office for our Company Kickoff, Company All Hands, and other larger company events. Beyond that, we give our leaders and teams the flexibility to set additional guidelines based on the nature of your role.
- Location-flex: Similar to other companies’ remote policies, for OneTrust “Location-flex" roles, you will primarily work from your home office location. However, you may be required to travel to our OneTrust offices or customer sites periodically based on the nature of your role.
Each role may have specific requirements, so we encourage you to verify the location of the role with your recruiter during your first interview.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.