Working in partnership with our client, OLIVER is recruiting a full-time Post-editor (English into Sweden), whom will be joining the eCommerce Translation team and get hands-on with the piloting workflow of Neural Machine Translation (NMT) content post editing. Be ahead of the curve in the next ten year’s revolution across the localisation/linguistic industry
With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, the clients Group has been defining sport culture since the beginning. And they’re not done. Come be a part of shaping the future together.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are looking for an opportunity to work with innovative brands and would like the opportunity to really stamp your mark, not only on processes and workflows but on the very work itself in a fast-paced environment where no one day is the same.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be based on-site
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- On a daily basis, you will be performing post-editing on machine translated eCommerce product description material to be used in the .sv and alternative channels.
- Researching and post-editing compelling copy for assigned projects that is on strategy and suitable for the target audience.
- Guarding the accuracy, quality and consistency in both copy and brand voice. · Control and improve machine translation quality by assessing NMT output and providing linguistic feedback.
- Our team are working with a CAT tool and an NMT engine which require regular maintenance of the translation memory, glossaries, and NMT normalisation dictionaries. You will also work on crafting a post editing style guide.
- You will be mentored and supported by global OLIVER Localization Project Managers who oversee and manage a whole team of linguists globally.
- Getting to know inside-out the brand’s tone-of voice, identity, categories and products.
- Our projects are deadline critical, working on several projects at once, staying calm under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Keeping in regular contact with the Project Manager team with regards to project status or issues, absences, etc. Be responsive during your office or agreed hours unless pre-arranged otherwise.
Client Management and Teamwork
- Ensuring the client always has the expected level of service, on a day-to-day basis. Flag to the Project Manager team as soon as any issues or concerns arise.
- Ensuring communication is frequent, responsive and transparent in terms of expectations.
- Be professional and diplomatic no matter the level of stress – be constructive and problem-solving oriented.
- Be proactive with explaining the OLIVER model to your local market as ‘localizations model ambassador’.
- It is expected you work in the office as an on-site FTE unless agreed and specified otherwise. Integrate yourself into the office and team. Make yourself visible
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Extensive experience as a translator or post-editor (essential).
- Good command of English and is a native speaker of recruiting language (essential).
- Good communication skills and good team player (essential).
- Proactive and constructive approach.
- Experience working with a remote team and tight deadlines (desirable).
- Experience with marketing and SEO context (desirable).
- Advanced experience with CAT Tools (desirable).
- A Language related degree (desirable).
- A can-do and problem-solving oriented attitude.
- Flexibility and capacity to manage multiple streams of work at once, prioritising what needed and producing consistently high-level work, even with very tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail. · Team spirit; ambition to learn, support and be part of a talented, truly international localisation team.
- Passion for languages and cultures
- 1+ years’ experience in translation, post-editing or relevant areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in translation, interpretation or communication relevant areas.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do ground breaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Job ID: 1895
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.