Role: Sales Manager
You will be delivering the entire sales cycle from prospect identification to contract implementations. The Success of the sales department will ultimately be the success of the business as a whole.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are looking to work in a fast-paced environment and are keen to develop your career as well as being able to make an impact on the overall growth of the business.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You'll be joining our sales team which is made up of around 8 people. As a Senior New Business Manager, you’ll be working closely with our brilliant New Business Director to develop and generate leads from our networks.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Live and motivate the team by OLIVER vision and values
- Lead by setting a good example - role model behaviour consistent with words and actions
- Coach and help develop team members on a day to day basis
- Provide strategic support for team member’s opportunities and activities
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration – working through team working or individually
- Ensure that the team members have the necessary education and training to be independent and effective salespeople
- Monitor sales team KPI’s and metrics and monitor on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Attend weekly progress meeting with the team lead, with SMART objectives
- Familiarise the team with sales stories, specifications, design targets, the business development process, RFP / design standards, techniques and tools to support
- Pay close attention to OLIVER sales cycles/stages and understand how you get involved at the right time and place
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in sales
- Ideally selling marketing services, content, design or creative agency services to blue chip client marketers
- A consultative and solution-based sales approach
- Excellent document creation/sales deck capabilities
- Face to face and telephone sales experience including negotiation and pitching
- Ability to adopt different sales styles to match customers’ requirements
- Ability to priorities leads and maximize revenue generation via sales pipeline control
- Consistently high achieving academic record, of graduate calibre
- Commercially astute
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they’re different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, adidas, BMW, Post Office and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes global content agency Adjust your Set, design, experience and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results focused to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable. firstname.lastname@example.org