Established in 2002, Nutrabolt is a global nutritional life sciences company that specializes in sports nutrition. Distributed around the world in over 100 countries, the company’s marquee brands, Cellucor and Xtend have become uncontested category leaders in pre-workout and intra/post-workout recovery supplementation respectively. We owe our success to our innovative products, our incredible customers and our commitment to our people.
As the Strategic Sourcing Lead for Raw Materials, you will be responsible for the identification, terms and conditions, total cost of ownership, contract, forecasting, and maintenance/management of raw material ingredients through Nutrabolt’s global external manufacturing partnership network. You will develop and implement the long-term global sourcing strategies and plans to meet the company’s categorical business growth, through both market and need analysis, cost analysis, risk mitigation/management, and supplier relationship management. This will encompass all ingredient profiles for Nutrabolt, including but not limited to proteins, amino acids, vitamins, colorants, sweeteners, and other dietary and nutritional ingredients.
Day in the Life of:
- You will develop long range commodity forecasts, utilized for budgeting and purchase price variance planning.
- You will work with Product / R&D / Regulatory on cross functional project teams to ensure early involvement of raw material sourcing expertise in product innovation and renovations.
- You will negotiate quarterly to multi-year contracts with key strategic global supply sources to enable optimized costs and leveraged buys through Nutrabolt’s co-manufacturing partners.
- You will work closely and proactively with both internal and external representatives on availability, cost fluctuations, and material source approvals for key ingredients.
- You will hold accountability for accuracy of direct to buy raw materials within transparent cost models used with contracting finished good pricing with co-manufacturer partners.
- You will have financial KPI involvement to include but not limited to PPV, standard costs, market analysis, budgeting, and cost estimates.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in direct material sourcing, preferably in food or dietary supplement industries.
- Experience developing Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Experience with establishing and maintaining vendor performance metrics and large data sets.
- Experience sourcing and negotiating for contract manufacturing, packaging, raw materials, and/or indirect goods and services.
- Ability to analyze large data sets, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations to executive leadership.
- Ability to read and understand material specifications.
- Ability to operate within the scope of large complex projects, including performing to a project timeline, ensuring quality deliverables, and maintaining effective communication throughout the project.
- Ability to perform Root-Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Reports.
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- Requisite experience will be considered.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- APP/CPM/CPSM/CSCP certifications preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Ability to comprehend and learn quickly; ability to adjust quickly to changing demands as needed.
- Familiar with industry-leading strategic sourcing practices and operating procedures.
- Experience in the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical and/or consumer packaged goods industries preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to present in executive settings and clearly communicate rationale for decisions.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Exceptional listening skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, multi-task and have a sense of urgency.
- Ability to internalize performance metrics and exceed expectations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Travel up to 25%
- We offer unlimited vacation time, to promote work life balance and show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
- We encourage and support our employees active participation in giving back to the community by providing paid volunteer time off.
- We celebrate families through our paid maternity or paternity leave.
- We help support our employee’s fitness journeys by providing a gym allowance.
- We provide our employees with a monthly product allowance to stock up on Cellucor and Xtend products and swag.
- We are committed to our employee’s continued personal and professional development. To help support individual and team growth, we offer a fully paid LinkedIn Learning membership as well as other development tools.
- We give our employees the fuel they need to perform with access our fully stocked Cellucor and Xtend product bar and company provided meals.
- We invest in our employee’s future though 401K matching.
- We offer our employees competitive health/dental/vision insurance including options such as HSA and flexible spending accounts.