Established in 2002, Nutrabolt is a global nutritional life sciences company that specializes in sports nutrition. Distributed around the world in over 100 countries, the company’s marquee brands, Cellucor and Xtend have become uncontested category leaders in pre-workout and intra/post-workout recovery supplementation respectively. We owe our success to our innovative products, our incredible customers and our commitment to our people.
Responsible for the development of all phases in SQL, T-SQL, relational database programming/design, and SSRS reporting. Responsible for providing database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture, and support carrying out the implementation of enterprise application development and data integration deliverables.
Day in the Life of:
- You will diagnose, triage and correct, MS SQL Server deficiencies, including, but not limited to, performance, misconfigurations, and incorrect data structures
- You will write stored procedures, table alterations, functions, views with the familiarity to all types of table joins
- You will optimize and administer current queries, including generation of version update scripts. Be familiar with performance tuning, table keys and clustering
- You will own the database schema, which designates responsibility for its design (both current and planned improvement)
- You will convert business requirements to system design
- You will develop and use our SQL API integration for data collection and processing. Familiarity with C+ is a plus
- You will work harmoniously in a cross-functional team comprised of managers, supervisors, business analysts, and other developers to ensure the delivery of software solutions as planned.
- You will interact with developers and business users as a *SQL Expert*
- You will design database schema based on data modeling of business requirements and entities.
- You will design and develop ERL data integration using SSIS, bulk insert and open row set techniques
- You will create, modify and troubleshoot SQL jobs. This includes performance tuning the schedules
- You will perform code reviews, analyzing execution plans, and refactoring inefficient code
- You will collect and review database performance metrics and proactively address performance concerns (RedGate experience is a plus)
- You will identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a MS SQL programmer in a fast-paced dynamic environment using a structured software development methodology
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale database solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at high levels
- Must have experience with SSAS and 3 dimensional SQL cubes
- Working knowledge of security and privacy issues, SQL 2016, and SQL 2014.
- Experience in conceptual data modeling
- Experience with JSON, XML, REST APIs
- Expertise in translating business requirements to project design, development, and execution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to clearly communicate capabilities, opportunities, and recommendations to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Should be confident enough to handle the project single handedly and take direction from the business.
- C# / .Net coding skills...should be strong enough to support applications and make coding changes as needed. Not front-end development.
- Reporting skills with SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, etc., preferred.
- We offer unlimited vacation time, to promote work life balance and show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
- We encourage and support our employees active participation in giving back to the community by providing paid volunteer time off.
- We celebrate families through our paid maternity or paternity leave.
- We help support our employee’s fitness journeys by providing access to our onsite gym at HQ and a gym allowance to those in outside offices.
- We provide our employees with a monthly product allowance to stock up on Cellucor and Xtend products and swag.
- We are committed to our employee’s continued personal and professional development. To help support individual and team growth, we offer a fully paid LinkedIn Learning membership as well as other development tools.
- We give our employees the fuel they need to perform with access our fully stocked Cellucor and Xtend product bar and company provided meals.
- We invest in our employee’s future though 401K matching.
- We offer our employees competitive health/dental/vision insurance including options such as HSA and flexible spending accounts.