Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America through innovative technology and outstanding customer service. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the world's largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the Streaming Infra team
Our aim is to empower everyone to leverage the power of real-time data to offer personalized services to our more than 80m customers. That goes for our internal technologies too, which is why at Nubank you have a unique opportunity to make your mark using a modern stack: AWS, Kafka, Flink, Pinot, Kubernetes, Scala, Clojure, Datomic, DynamoDB, BigQuery, and more. At Nubank you can do the best work of your career and make the world a better place for millions of people.
About the role
- Build a platform that powers real-time features in Nubank’s customer-facing products
- Build highly available infrastructure to provide low-latency data from a variety of internal and external sources which the entire business can leverage
- Provide tailored experiences that allow internal users to power up their applications with real-time data processing and analytics capabilities
- Provide high-quality documentation and materials to train users on how to build and operate their streaming applications at scale
You Will Fit Well If You Have:
- Knowledge of functional programming principles
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing the JVM
- Experience with asynchronous communication and messaging systems
- Experience building and operating large-scale, distributed data processing systems
- Experience with running real-time data processing applications on Kubernetes
Our Ideal Streaming Software Engineer will have:
- Experience with distributed event streaming platforms, especially Apache Kafka
- Experience with real-time stream and batch processing frameworks, especially Apache Flink
- Experience with real-time analytics databases, like Apache Pinot or Apache Druid
- Experience building, maintaining, and operating reliable systems
- Solid hands-on development skills with Java and Scala
Brazil / Remote.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represents a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.