Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationship with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, Nubank is the largest digital banking platform in the world outside of Asia and one of the leading technology companies in the world, reinventing over 50 million customers' financial lives.
Nubank started by offering a no-fee credit card, entirely managed by a mobile app, and a digital account. Nubank also offers transparent and hassle-free personal loans, a business account tailored for SMEs, and life insurance. In 2020, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest, now called Nu invest, and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
Throughout the years, Nubank raised over US$4 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world, such as Berkshire Hathaway, Sequoia, DST, Tencent, Tiger, Kaszek, Founders Fund, Dragoneer, TCV, Redpoint, Ribbit, GIC, Whale Rock, Invesco, QED, and Capital Group.
Nubank was founded in São Paulo by Colombian David Vélez, and co-founded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brasil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States) and Berlin (Germany).
For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the Team
Nubank is always expanding its operations and seeking new opportunities. We are enhancing our Treasury and Wholesale Credit squads, which are focused on managing Nubank´s liquidity, investments and balance sheet for all geos and entities as well as to provide best in class services and market intel for other Nu business units. In this role you will be working with top talents in the Banking Alliance team, playing a crucial role in ensuring that all processes are properly In Control as well managing several administrative responsibilities. It is a unique experience to be at the very heart of Nubank.
The Banking Alliance team greatly influences Nubank's long term profitability. We are a key part of Nubank's success, sustainability and integrity, ahead of a fast and continuous growth business, both from a quantitative and complexity standpoints - and we deliver it all with finance - the language of business.
As the company drives the financial revolution in Brazil, Nubank has seen exponential growth since its founding. We built this through a collaborative culture that enables professional development, through contact with nonconformist and diverse people. We are looking for diverse people to help us make important business decisions, build a strong foundation for the company to continue growing in a healthy way.
- Providing Treasury and Wholesale Credit & Structured Finance support in the administrative and operational aspects.
- Real-time or near real-time trade confirmation, matching and capture.
- Facilitate the front to back operations process of trade lifecycle - following up corporate events, dividends, provents. Responsibility for coordinating and ensuring punctual payments of debt amortizations, interest, fees, amongst others for all Nubank's entities. Responsibility for monitoring punctual receipt of all amounts owed to Nubank's entities by borrowers.
- Providing trading and sales support to the markets business.
- Attribute completeness and consistency controls performed prior to end-of-day routines.
- Provide primary control ensuring market data integrity is complete and accurate prior to EoD.
- Control fixings for FX and Interest rate.
- Support OTC (over-the-counter) derivatives pre-trade processes including account opening.
- Making sure that process´ documentation is updated.
- Participating in and executing risk and control related activities, including but not restricted to all obligations and financial covenants of contracts in which Nubank is either the borrower or the lender, ensuring the reliability of data.
- Owning or having oversight of all inputs into the process of generating accurate PnL numbers.
- Substantiate the PnL by understanding the trader’s strategy and the risk factors that drive the PnL.
- Preparing daily Profit and Loss summaries for portfolio managers through price verification, position reconciliation, and overall P&L analysis of the portfolio.
- Follow up with front and back offices.
- Relevant experience in financial markets is essential, ideally within a middle office wholesale environment.
- Strong working knowledge of financial markets, accounting principles and instruments, both domestic and international particularly in Equities, Fixed Interest, Futures, Options, Foreign Exchange and Credit Instruments like debentures, bonds, loans, FIDCs, securitization, among others.
- Analytical skills, attention to details.
- Advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint and VBA.
- Advanced English.
- Strong verbal and written communication and team player skills, showing hunger to work in a fast paced growing environment;
- Python is a plus.
São Paulo, Brazil.
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.