About The Data Streaming Team
Our aim is to empower everyone to leverage the power of real-time data to offer personalized services to our more than 50m customers. That goes for our internal technologies too, which is why at Nubank you have a unique opportunity to make your mark using a modern stack: AWS, Kafka, Flink, Kubernetes, Scala, Clojure, Datomic, DynamoDB, BigQuery, and more. At Nubank you can do the best work of your career and make the world a better place for millions of people.
Nubank Data Streaming Engineers will:
- Build highly available infrastructure to provide low-latency data from a variety of internal and external sources with which the entire business can make automated decisions
- Build a platform that powers real-time features in Nubank’s customer-facing products
- Provide tailored experiences that allow a diverse group of internal users to power up their applications with real-time data processing capabilities
- Work closely with teams across the business to develop streaming applications
- Provide high-quality documentation and materials to train users on how to build and operate their streaming applications at scale
Our Ideal Streaming Software Engineer will have (Must):
- Knowledge of functional programming principles
- Experience building, maintaining, and operating reliable systems
- Experience with asynchronous communication and messaging systems
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing the JVM
You Will Fit Well If You Have (Bonus)
- Experience building and operating large-scale, distributed data processing systems
- Experience with data processing frameworks, especially Apache Flink
- Experience with running real-time data processing applications on Kubernetes
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
- Learning and wellness allowance
- Vacations of 28 working days
- Opportunity of earning equity at Nubank
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. If/when relocation to Berlin is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.