Nu was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nu is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.Today, Nu is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Product Manager Team
At Nu, Product Leaders are key players in building great products and delivering them to our customers. They are accountable for building products with a team composed of people with different functions. They are accountable for leading Nu's Product teams and defining strategy in the long term. Among the key stakeholders, you may find developers, designers, customer service, business analysts, data scientists, etc. They are also responsible for the speed and quality of the team's decisions in order to maximize impact.
As a Product Lead, you'll be expected to:
- Build or scale up one or more product teams, providing inspirational leadership that raises the entire company's profile and position in the marketplace.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct effective 1:1s, team meetings, and rituals.
- Help the creation of product strategy roadmap that serves immediate, mid-term, and long-term.
- Align stakeholders around the team's goals and define success factors that will build a world - class product management discipline at Nu.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of Nu's leadership team-especially Engineering, Business Analyst, Data Science, and Design. Be a true partner with them, and focus on common goals and the business mission.
- Ensure we are building robust technical foundations that will allow our company to scale efficiently- in number of users, number of products, number of countries, etc.
- Stay up to date in the complex domains of finance and tech innovation, helping the team understand where the company and the market is going.
- Serve as an exemplary leader in a young growing company. Help to shape a culture that values bold thinking, collaboration and teamwork, challenging one another with unwavering respect and delivering great results.
Given those expectations, you will be successful if you thrive on these aspects:
- Vision – Set the vision for the product, understanding how it connects to company objectives
- Customer Focus – Deep dive on user behavior by talking to real customers, analyzing data and seeing the products used in the real world
- Prioritization – Help our teams prioritize features based on customer needs, engineering complexity and the most relevant business outcomes
- Structured thinking – Ability to grasp problems of varying levels of complexity and reduce them down to their essentials
- Execution – Understand the problems we are trying to solve and work closely with engineers, designers, data scientists and other functions to define, iterate and ship an awesome sustainable product
- Communication – Build constructive relationships, communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and have a great time doing it
We have open jobs across several squads such as: Mass Market, Investments, AXP and Nuconta
- Previous hands-on experience as a Product Manager, understanding the entire product life-cycle of successful tech products.
- Solid experience leading Product Managers, having exposure to performance assessment, hiring, supporting career growth, etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships across distinct stakeholders and be a great communicator.
- Comfortable working with numbers and and making decisions based on data. You should employ a data-driven product approach and prioritize impact over everything else.
- Great willingness to learn and adapt to a high-paced environment
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with customer-facing products (the ones directly related to the final customer) would be a plus
- Equity at Nu
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 15 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. If/when relocation is required, we have a team dedicated to global mobility and have partnered up with the best companies in the market to make sure processes run smoothly. We also offer a very competitive relocation package for international hires.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.