Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Engineering at Nubank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices, that currently includes a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
As a Security Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Research, design, and develop new enterprise technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors.
- Work closely with other teams to develop and promote security architectures to protect Nubank's internal systems.
- Work with large scale distributed systems, understanding their broad architecture
- Plan and execute on entire features, collaborating with peers while planning the work ahead, and seeing it through
- Write, test, instrument, document, and maintain code
- Pair, and participate in code reviews, to grow and contribute to the growth of others in and around the team
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in two or more of the following security-related areas: Web application security; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements, translating them into technical design and implementation
- Proven understanding of object-oriented or functional programming language
- A problem-solver who is able to communicate effectively across functional teams
- Notions of distributed systems
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office