Nubank was born from a simple idea: everyone should have control over their own money. We enable millions of Latin Americans to live better by freeing our customers from a bureaucratic, slow, and inefficient traditional banking system. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and offices in Argentina, Germany, and the United States, Nubank is the world's largest independent digital bank, reinventing over 35 million customers' financial lives.
We're redefining people's relationships with money through seamless, transparent products and outstanding customer service: a no-fee credit card entirely managed by a mobile app and held by over 21 million people, and a digital account, free of taxes, owned by 35 million Brazilians. We also offer hassle-free personal loans, a benefits program with points that don't expire, a business account tailored for SMBs, and life insurance. In 2020, Nubank acquired digital broker Easynvest and became the leader in self-directed digital investments in Brazil.
Throughout the years, we raised over US$1.2 billion with some of the best-known growth and technology investors in the world. Forbes magazine elected Nubank best bank in Brazil for three years in a row, 2019, 2020 and 2021. Fast Company magazine named us the most innovative company in Latin America and CBInsights as the most valuable challenger bank.
Our Security Team at Nubank
Technology is not a sector of our business: it's intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There's no "innovation team" - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is growing, and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to:
- Find new techniques and technologies, multiplying efficiency through tools and libraries;
- Balance new processes while staying agile;
- Learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities;
- Sustainable scale diverse teams.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you'll be expected to:
Here at Nubank, we treat security, infrastructure, and operations as Software Engineering problems. Therefore it's expected of a Security Engineer to have programming skills coupled with solid expertise in infosec.
Some examples of the problems you'll encounter:
- Leverage our internal Infrastructure as a Code platform from a security perspective, understand our current controls, and implement new controls that speed up our engineering and lower our risk.
- Increase the usability of our automations related to cloud policies, making them more straightforward for a non-technical audience.
- Work with different squads with overlapping responsibilities and scopes, finding the best balance to protect our customers.
- Use a data-driven approach to decision-making about security controls, acting on models that make the ecosystem more secure with increased employees, services, and customers.
What is a typical day for a Cloud Security Engineer?
They spend their days understanding what cloud infrastructure is in place, the risks, and common incidents that could happen. They define with other engineers a good state for the infrastructure, create and tune security controls, conduct a build-vs-buy, and find opportunities to leverage existing solutions to reduce engineering costs.
We strive for state-of-the-art security practices and technologies. While we value candidates who are familiar with them, we are also confident that engineers interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer professional who has:
We are looking for Security Engineers with a solid track record of creating efficient, scalable, and usable solutions, preferably in the domain of cloud infrastructure security and related tooling. You will have a meaningful chance to shape architecture, process, and culture while working with challenging problems.
We believe in good team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things, and our surprising capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded. Good computer science skills and concepts, as well as English language skills, are essential.
We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions. We love working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
Don't worry if you don't know all of it! Having experience in some of it and being willing to learn is enough to apply.
You will fit well if you have experience with:
- Infrastructure as a Code Security(e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform);
- Container Orchestration Security (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker Swarm);
- Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services;
- Programming Languages and Scripting.
Experience with the following is desirable:
- Google Cloud Security Foundations and AWS Well-Architected Framework;
- Threat Modeling;
- Microservices and CI/CD pipelines (e.g., GoCD, CircleCI);
- Functional Programming Languages (e.g., Clojure, Scala).
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.