Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers and $820 million raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Our Data Science Chapter
At Nubank we aim to empower our customers to take control of their financial lives. The Data Science team develops models and leverages its expertise to provide the best experience and products, using statistics, Artificial Intelligence and lots of creativity to predict our customers' behaviors. Our team strives for cutting edge model development techniques, from Machine Learning to Reinforcement Learning and beyond. We're partnering with business and technology to make speed of thought decisions possible.
The values that guide us:
- Diverse ensembles don't overfit;
- We reinforce each other's learning;
- Mind the person behind the data point;
- We share the same objective function;
- We trust our confidence interval;
- Pursue the global maxima.
This is a senior individual contributor role that will require tech leadership experience.
Once here, you will:
- Productionalize and scale a stream of machine learning models in Lending that will directly impact business outcomes;
- Build monitoring infrastructure that captures, stores, and visualizes data that goes into and out of our predictive models;
- Bring expertise to the team to help design and prioritize projects across the many areas involved in building machine learning products (training, deployment, data consistency, monitoring, governance, etc.);
- Translate complex business challenges into specific and well-designed machine learning solutions that meet business requirements;
- Provide technical guidance for more junior team members;
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of technical excellence;
- Look and implement improvements in the way we work and organize.
Things you'll need to thrive in this role:
- Strong coding skills Python/Scala or equivalent languages;
- Understanding of engineering challenges in a production environment;
- Good understanding of a model development and deployment pipeline;
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Mllib and etc;
- Nice data handling skills, Spark Dataframes or SQL proficiency is a plus;
- English language proficiency
- Health, dental and life insurances
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.