Tackling the complex banking system to empower people in one of the most bureaucratic markets in the world seems like a crazy idea, right? But that's why, how, and where Nubank was born. We fight complexity through our transparent and straightforward products and experiences: a no-fee credit card, a rewards program, a lending platform, and a digital savings account. In a nutshell, we are the most innovative tech company in Latin America, and we are obsessed with building financial services and products that make our customers love us fanatically. With over 30 million customers and $820 million raised in investment rounds, we are the fastest growing digital bank in the world, with offices in Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Mexico, and Argentina. And it's still only Day One for us!
Our Operational Risk Team
Our mission as a team is to maintain and constantly improve the operational risk management process in order to ensure a sustainable growth for Nubank. With that in mind, we analyse current risks and identify potential ones that may affect our journey.
In this role, you will:
- Help us understand and make the macro flow of the processes;
- Identify potential operational risks, causes and their consequences;
- Assess the impact of the risk materialization within Nubank's operation;
- Perform control testing, evaluate documents, evidences and others;
- Build and analyze the key risks indicators using datasets;
- Support the design of action plans to improve the quality of the internal controls environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in areas such as Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, among others.
- Experience working with internal controls, operational risk management and/or Internal Audit.
- Experience in the financial services industry (banking, payments, asset management, brokers, insurance and private funds) or other highly regulated industries (Eg. Telecom and Energy).
- Experience in risk governance structures and risk related decision making, including operational risk committee and risk response definitions.
- Understanding of IT general controls.
- User of GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) software tools.
- Fluency in English (both writing and speaking).
- Ability to manage simultaneous complex projects, quickly adapting to changes
- Teamwork and ability to cooperate with peers.
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.