Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products, and the company has passed the 15 million customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
We are reinventing the way our customers deals with financial services. From outside, we are revolutionizing the way we deliver value to our customers. From inside, we are revolutionizing the way we organize, train, challenge and motivate ourselves to accomplish our goals.
Because we drive long-term profitability. Finance tribe is part of the core of Nubank's success, sustainability and longevity. We see the big picture of this fast- and ever-growing business, both in terms of numbers as well as complexity, and we try to make sense of it with finance, the language of business.
Our Capital Markets Team
The capital markets team it's responsible to devise and execute Nubank's funding strategy in the most efficient manner, dealing with Investors (Current/Prospective, Equity/Debt), relationship banks, rating agencies and other financial stakeholders (e.g Mastercard). Additionally, the candidate will have direct contact with other squads such as FP&A, Treasury, Liquidity and Capital Planning and Business Development to discuss, understand and address funding related subjects in Nubank roadmap of new products, geographics, etc.
- Support the team with Financial Analysis and Modelling for our capital raising initiatives
- Direct contact with high level investors
- Partner with other squads to support Nubank's growth
- Be hands on, once Nubank still have a start-up mindset so lots of things must be done
- Be bold, have the courage to do what needs to be done, challenge the status quo and take risks
- Challenge conventional thinking in the financial sector during conversations with investors and other financial partners
- Think out of the box, come up with new ideas and implement them
- High level of autonomy and responsability
- Knowledge about Capital Markets dynamic (local and off-shore, equity and/or debt)
- Financial Analysis and Modelling
- Regulatory Framework for the financial sector
- Negotiation and commercial skills
- Proven past experience in capital markets or financial areas (e.g DCM, ECM, Private Equity, Asset management, Corporate Finance, among others)
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
Diversity and Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for every Brazilian, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.