Nubank is the leading financial technology company in Latin America. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app. Almost 30 million people have requested the product since launch, and the company has passed the 10 million active customer mark. In 2017, Nubank launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("Nubank Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by 7 million people. This year, the company began testing its personal loan service and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, Nubank has raised around US$ 420 million in seven equity investment rounds from Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, Nubank was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company' 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Finance Team
Our mission in the Finance team is to produce reliable and traceable accounting information for strategic decisions; and support the company’s growth through a robust, reliable and scalable control process of cash, products, payments and fixed assets, and also helping the company's profitability in the long term.
As controllers, we are responsible for bringing together all of Nubank’s financial data, monitoring it, and making sure that everything is accounted for in our systems. Along with the controlling aspect, we are in charge of all the regulatory and investor reports related to financial data. Furthermore, we are responsible for the flow of payments inside Nubank and, as book accounts keepers, we must inform the position of all cash and financial instruments on a daily basis.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Financial Statements (balance sheets, P&Ls, statements of cash flows)
- Reports to regulators (accounting and non-accounting-related)
- Develop accounting rules for new products and features
- Accounting for monthly close and reconciliations
- Daily accounting and control of products, payments, cash, fixed assets, and others
- Daily reporting of cash and financial instruments
How We Work
- You act like you own the company where you work
- You enjoy problems and finding solutions
- You are willing to go the extra mile and getting involved in many areas
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- Accounting degree
- Spanish speaker, advanced in English. Portuguese is a plus.
- High level of attention to detail
- +4 years of experience at:
- “Big Four” audit firm (preferably working with Financial Services companies), or;
- Bank or financial institution
- Knowledge in SQL / database query is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health insurance - OSDE 310 for you and your primary family
- 10 business days of paid vacation + 5 Nubank extra days
- Meal allowance by Edenred
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.