The DevOps Engineer manages services primarily in the Azure cloud. This position manages all aspects of the cloud account, from setting up virtual networks to managing computer services such as Application Insights and Function and logic applications. Responsibilities also include maintaining a secure, reliable, and cost-effective cloud infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer will also work on software deployment projects to the cloud and the various managed services in Azure, such as Blob Storage, Redis Cache, the Elastic Search service Traffic Manager, Azure APIM, and other Microsoft Azure Centric services.
Essential Job Functions
- Define, implement, and manage Azure-based infrastructure to support the My Carrier platform.
- Administer Windows and Linux virtual machines and docker images.
- Review and manage the security of our My Carrier Application Stack and deployment using the least privilege access approach to safety.
- Manage and monitor our cloud infrastructure and optimize for performance and cost.
- Work closely with engineers in a DevOps model to support the entire application lifecycle.
- Work closely with engineers to assess and plan the migration of servleress compute workloads to a Kubernetes cluster.
- Design, implement, and manage the deployment of Kubernetes clusters in a production environment.
- Relentlessly drive towards an automated, software-defined cloud platform using tools such as Terraform and Azure Resource Management Templates.
- Managed SQL Servers and health
- Ensure stability of application stacks and services Mesh
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 3+ years of experience in IT operations, including 1+ years of experience working in the Azure cloud, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Building and deploying Kubernetes and Azure Kubernetes
- Experience with Helm and Flux
- Experience with at least one programming or scripting language (Python, Ruby, C#, Java, etc.).
- Comfortable performing code reviews and making notes
- Experience with high-scale, high-performance web application platforms.
- Experience with Data Dog Cloud-focused monitoring.
- Knowledge of Vnet’s and cloud networking best practices
- Ability to comfortably administer both Windows and Linux virtual machines.
- Experience with CI/CD development processes and pipelines. (Helm, Flux, etc.)
- Knowledge of Service Mesh integrations such as ISITO
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and information security best practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix infrastructure issues with limited supervision.
- Strong communications skills and the ability and desire to mentor and train other engineers.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in a production environment.
- Proficiency in containerization technologies like Docker, container orchestration with Kubernetes, and related ecosystem tools (e.g., Helm, Prometheus, Grafana).
- Familiarity with serverless computing concepts and platforms (e.g., AWS Lambda, Azure Functions) and their integration with Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation).
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and associated tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI) for deploying and managing applications in a Kubernetes environment.
- Strong scripting and programming skills (e.g., Bash, Python, Go) for automation and tooling development.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, ELK Stack) to ensure observability and troubleshoot cluster issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and propose effective solutions.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience with best practices in the Azure Cloud, such as experience with the Azure Well-Architected Framework.
- Knowledge or experience with privacy regulations such as FERPA, COPPA NIST, SOC 2, etc.
- Base + Stock Options
- $4,224 annual Employer Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision, life insurance available
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
- Fully stocked pantry of snacks and fridge full of drinks
- Annual Christmas Party
- Quarterly Team-building Outings
- Professional Development
MyCarrier is democratizing access to manage supply chains for all businesses digitally. With a focus on product expansion across the $1.6 trillion logistic industry, MyCarrier connects shippers directly with their capacity providers through its industry-leading shipment planning, execution, and visibility platform.
Deployed in 2018 and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, MyCarrier is one of the fastest growing platforms in the U.S., with over $700 million processed in LTL (less-than-truckload) annually. MyCarrier’s adoption continues to accelerate toward becoming the ubiquitous platform for small to medium size businesses through our marketing, sales, and channel partner agreements with 15 of the 25 largest LTL carriers.
Our Vision is to become the ubiquitous platform that connects customers and carriers instantly and without barriers to fuel the future of supply chain.
Read more about MyCarrier on our website: https://go.mycarrier.io
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!