Can you break down complex personal finance topics and help people make smart decisions about their money? Do you understand how to optimize content using SEO best practices? LendingTree is looking for a staff writer who can specialize in personal finance and consumer debt to join our in-house SEO editorial team.
As a staff writer, you will conduct SEO analysis, track article performance, create outlines, review financial products, write new articles and refresh existing content on a wide range of personal finance and debt topics, such as consolidating debt, taking out a mortgage, building up savings or refinancing student loans. The articles and guides you create for LendingTree.com may span several in-house verticals (such as mortgage, personal loans/debt, credit cards, auto loans and more) in order to inform consumers about key financial products and decisions in a clear and digestible way.
Your ultimate mandate will be to create clear, concise content that reaches the first page of Google search results for the most-asked personal finance and consumer debt questions.
- 2-5 years experience as a personal finance journalist or content marketing writer
- Familiarity and experience with SEO best practices, including SEO writing and keyword research (though we will offer additional training)
- Outstanding writing, editing and grammar skills and a strong commitment to accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Ability to receive and grow from constructive feedback
- Impeccable communication, time-management and organizational skills, including a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and juggle multiple projects/tasks in a cross-disciplinary team and fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented, growth and metrics-driven mindset
- Flexibility to adjust to an evolving role and adaptable to steady change within our fast-growing company
- A great attitude and the desire to produce highest-quality personal finance SEO content
- Experience writing studies, surveys and other data-driven stories would also be welcome
- Comfort with interviewing and speaking to the media would be a bonus
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office or our Charlotte office
- Remote work candidates will also be considered
- Must be willing to complete a writing test
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
The pay range for this position in Colorado/New York/California is $70,000-$75,000 however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
Incentive Compensation: Eligible for annual performance bonus
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) matching
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.