**Online Portfolio Required. Please submit with Application**
We are seeking a hardworking Front-end Developer to take our highly innovative creative concepts and build them with as much creativity and precision as they were designed. Although your primary function is that of a top tier front-end developer, you have an eye for design and will play an important role on a growing consumer-facing product team. You care about pixel perfection and bring design and interaction ideas to the table every day.
A primary portion of this role will be creating beautiful and easy-to-use UIs that possess the simplicity, usability and attention to detail as if you were a modern day Di Vinci. The position will be responsible for building websites, interactive forms and landing pages for various insurance products such as auto, home, and health insurance. With hundreds of thousands of page views each week, one successful new homepage or landing page test could generate millions in annual revenue.
- Code pages and offer creative usability solutions while adhering to the growing brand and style guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in creating rapid prototypes for testing products and new concepts.
- Maintain web standards and keep up-to-date with new technologies and advertising trends and formats (i.e. site responsiveness, size restrictions, mobile, web video, etc.)
- Along with landing and homepages, other requests will inevitably come your way including interactive info graphics, microsites, new interactive form flows and overall page innovations.
- Work with internal customers to determine project goals and deliverable timeframes.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is a graduate from a 4-year school with a graphic design degree or computer science degree (or close equivalent) and 1-3 years of experience, including front-end development and other relevant interactive media.
- Has a portfolio or a list of stellar web sites and other projects that you have worked on where you can demonstrate excellent coding principles, and problem solving through visual communication
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross functionally – should be able to collaborate closely with our Technology and Product peers as a key creative partner
- Can find creative solutions to solve technical problems. Use your creativity to build elements and make things more efficient.
- Can understand business objectives and proactively contribute both strategic and innovative ideas
- Interested in the analytics associated with the creatives you produce and test, to improve pages by making small but significant changes
- Can funnel constructive criticism into new ideas
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS, SASS/LESS
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design and building custom grids
- Ability to create clean and concise code for cross platform browsers – no WYSIWYG
- Experience with GIT in a production environment, and comfortable with resolving code conflicts or versioning issues.
- Plus: Developing in a mobile first UI perspective
- Plus: Simple CSS animation using Keyframes
- Plus: Experience with Vue, React, or other JS frameworks
- Plus: Experience using automated scripting tools like gulp to build automated development processes leveraging NPM or Yarn, Node.js and other modern development techniques
QuoteWizard, a LendingTree company, provides end-to-end solutions for insurance shoppers and agents alike. That’s why over 40 million people have used QuoteWizard to lower their rates. When you think of insurance, think of QuoteWizard.
What you should know about LendingTree, our parent company:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
QuoteWizard by LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.