**Note: Unfortunately, Summer Internships at LendingTree are not open to students who will require sponsorship now or at any point in the future. Thank you.
This position will likely work remotely the entire summer. However, our preference is to hire someone who will be based in the Charlotte, NC area on the chance we're able to go back to office during the summer.
Our former Summer Interns will tell you, LendingTree’s Internship Program is selective, challenging and structured to push the limits of what they thought they could do - and they wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Are there easier ways to spend your summer? Absolutely. But a LendingTree Internship will help you grow professionally and also get you closer to landing a phenomenal job once you graduate – maybe even with LendingTree. Here’s what you can expect:
- Real work. The only person you’ll be getting coffee for at LendingTree is yourself. You’ll be doing professional level work that will have a real impact on the business
- Training. Sure you’ll learn a ton of industry skills as you contribute to your team every day, but you’ll also go through specific training on: creating a great resume and LinkedIn profile, getting interviews and how to handle them, how to give a great presentation and more
- You’re not alone. In addition from the support from your team you’ll be assigned a Mentor outside of your department who will guide you and mentor you throughout the summer
- End of summer presentation. At the end of the summer every Intern gives a PPT presentation to Executives which will include a summary of what you accomplished, what you learned and 2 ideas that will either make the company money or save the company money
- Code automated tests to validate software
- Work in an agile environment, testing software in iterative cycles
- Dig into complex systems and write tests that will thoroughly validate those systems
- Contribute to discussions about how the latest technologies could improve our work
- Get real world experience into what test engineers do on a regular basis
- Work with a team of developers and test engineers to improve our existing software
- Implement incremental changes to make a big impact on our website
- Creatively solve problems to fix existing issues
- Very bright (3.5+ GPA required) undergrad or grad student who will be graduating in December 2021 or May 2022 (GPA must be listed on your resume to be considered)
- Computer Science or closely related major
- Working Knowledge of Java is preferred
- Unit testing frameworks like Junit/TestNG is a plus
- An understanding of using git (or related git tools) for version control is preferred
- A passion for breaking systems and finding the bugs
- Summer Internships at LendingTree are not open to students who will require sponsorship now or at any point in the future
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices. Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.