ValuePenguin, a LendingTree company, is seeking a strategic and driven Insurance Manager to join our SEO/Content Marketing team. We focus on promoting the visibility of and traffic to our site through a multidisciplinary team of analysts, writers, and PR specialists.
The SEO Manager will help set the strategy and execute on it, leading our team of writers and analysts to grow ValuePenguin's core vertical. They will be responsible for driving the growth of our business in terms of traffic, product coverage and consumer engagement, in addition to reporting on performance and findings. The Manager will have demonstrated an ability to lead a cross-functional team through strategic planning and have a consistent record of driving results.
Our goal is that Managers will acquire a broad skill set with an understanding of how to develop a driven consumer focused product and content library. This is a phenomenal opportunity to learn about digital and consumer marketing in financial industries, develop analytical skills, and partake in a successful and entrepreneurial environment.
- Conduct extensive research on Insurance industry trends
- Drive the strategy and execution of the growth of ValuePenguin’s Insurance vertical
- Develop and periodically revise in-depth guides and reviews of insurance products in coordination with our writers and analysts
- Lead and run qualitative and quantitative performance metrics
- Analyze informational guides and reviews of financial products and provide recommendations on ways to better meet user intent and expectations
- Assist in data collection and analysis for development of tools and calculators on our website
- Identify and prioritize ideas for new content, guides and tools based on research into consumer needs and general trends
- Propose hypotheses and lead tests to improve traffic, engagement, and conversions
- Follow relevant news and conduct research into assigned topics to develop expertise
- Track relevant industry and direct competitors’ activity
- Review and update in-house data resources for quality assurance purposes
- Track about and apply current SEO standards
- BA/BS with previous research experience or internship desired
- Outstanding academic achievement and high aptitude for quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated history of being a self-starter with a strong work ethic and constant drive for improvement
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Ability and eagerness to interpret data
- Collaborative teammate with ability to work independently and lead multiple projects/tasks
- Comfortable working with Microsoft’s Excel (i.e. vlookup, pivot tables, graphs)
- Comfortable with basic HTML
- Experience managing and leading by influence
- Consistent track record as a phenomenal cross-functional business partner
- Background in the insurance industry
- Background in digital marketing, product marketing, or product management
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices and tools
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices.
Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more.
What else you should know:
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials.
We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”).
Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.