- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs (e.g. how to match a customer to the best possible partner given the strict criteria of both.)
- Work hand-in-hand with the business on the best ways to solve problems (one day you could be improving the performance of the customer experience, the next you might be developing functionality that provides complex analytics for the business.)
- Leveraging the latest technologies (NodeJS, ES6/7, AWS Lambda, microservices, SPA frameworks, AWS, PHP/MySQL) to build enterprise-wide, scalable systems.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong OOP experience, preferably in various programming languages
- Ability to design and develop complex algorithms
- Proficiency in various flavors of the SQL language
- Experience developing and/or utilizing web APIs
- Open and enthusiastic about learning and exploring new technologies (and respectful of the elder technologies)
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and produce high-quality results
- The chance to work with top Software Engineers with a focus for all things tech – Our DevOps team includes a member who literally wrote the book on Ansible and IT Automation and our staff also includes a resident IoT expert with IMDB credit to his name.
- Unique entrepreneurial environment. We’re a start-up company in a publicly traded suit Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys.
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of millions of consumers. The work we do here matters.
- Dress code – we don’t have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans… whatever.)
- We don't even keep track of how many paid vacation days you take! (of course, your manager's approval is needed before you take off on that family vacation.)
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name and today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and with offices in the Bay Area, Chicago, New York City, and Charleston –we’re looking for talented individuals that will continue making great products and increase our technology footprint.
Our Charleston office, acquired in September 2017, has an intimate, fun, fast-moving startup feel. We work in a beautiful historic building in downtown Charleston, and on top of other amazing LendingTree perks, we have free snacks and beer. Our office has a work hard, play hard attitude that drives us to get stuff quickly and efficiently.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, share their perspectives, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our ambitious goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy people to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
This is an opportunity for full-time employment. Please, no third parties or Corp to Corp.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.