LearnUpon is looking for an Outbound Business Development Representative to join our team in Sydney.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The Business Development Team is at the forefront of the Sales team in LearnUpon, responsible for qualifying all inquiries that come into LearnUpon and proactively creating opportunities through outbound prospecting. This means that the Business Development Team must be able to determine if our product is a good fit for a potential customer's requirements. Specifically, our Business Development Representatives are outbound focused and are tasked with strategically targeting Accounts that we believe would be a good fit for the LearnUpon product and that would generate a high value pipeline for the Sales Team.
What will I be doing?
- You will Identify and prospect into strategic accounts to understand the business requirements of our future customers in order to determine if LearnUpon can meet their needs.
- Build a high value pipeline of qualified opportunities for our Sales team through strategic account alignment with 3-4 Account Executives and self source prospecting.
- Play an active role in developing, altering and improving processes for the BDR team and the company’s outbound strategy as a whole.
- Be extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in every interaction with potential customers.
- Listening to and understanding the challenges our prospects face and you will have the knowledge on the features and functionality of our robust LMS to be able to convey its value to potential customers in solving these problems.
- Working with a best in class tech stack including Salesforce, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Nav, Cognism, VidYard, Chilli Piper and more.
- You will be the first BDR out of our Sydney office and will get the opportunity to play a significant role in the development and growth of this team over time along with the core responsibilities of the BDR role. This will involve working hand in hand with the BDR Manager to build this team out.
- Build upon our team's mission of creating memorable and educational experiences with every person we interact with in driving the growth of LearnUpon’s business.
What skills do I need?
- A demonstrated passion for sales and business development.
- A demonstrated understanding for lead generation and prospecting to create qualified opportunities.
- Self-motivation, energy, high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with change in a rapidly growing organisation are a must.
- Ability to understand the challenges your prospects face and knowledge in the product you are selling and how it can solve those challenges
- Must be comfortable working with others and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable engaging with a variety of different people, identifying their needs, conveying our value, handling any objections and collecting the vital information that allows us to perform at our best.
- Must be open to receiving constructive feedback and applying the feedback in an effort to improve their results.
- Good judgement in analysing information to make routine decisions.
- The mindset required to work 100% outbound - the ups and downs!
- Enjoys the challenge of delivering monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Currently working in a similar SDR/BDR role at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience using SalesForce, Salesloft.(or similar sales engagement tool) and other prospecting tools
- A solid grasp on sales process and a demonstrated record of exceeding targets
Why work with us?
- A world class onboarding and ongoing training program specifically built for our BDR’s
- A clear and structured career path into Account Executive and beyond
- Competitive salary and company stock options.
- Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call with Talent Acquistion.
- If successful you will have a call with the Hiring Manager.
- Candidates will then be invited to a practical interview presentation with Hiring Manager and Head of Business Development.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with Senior Leadership.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.