LearnUpon is looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Finance team is vital to our Company and is responsible for keeping the financial operations of the company running smoothly.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a great opportunity for a self motivated individual to join a rapidly growing software company and make significant contributions.
What will I be doing?
- Assist with the month-end close process, including posting of month end journals and deferred revenue calculations.
- Preparation of key account reconciliations.
- Preparation of subsidiary management accounts.
- Create and maintain detailed general ledger analysis including software licensing
- Support the implementation of internal controls across the organization
- Partnering with the business to implement key spend policies and compliance thereof
- Assist with the statutory audit process and financial statements preparation
- Preparing Revenue Returns (Bi-monthly VAT, Quarterly VIES, Annual RTD)
- Provide general accounting support to Finance Manager including supporting the implementation of a new accounting system
- Liaise with FP&A and budget managers for financial information
- Support ad hoc reporting or processes such as procurement process
What skills do I need?
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- 1-2 years of relevant industry experience in finance field
- Exposure to multiple entity consolidation and reporting
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A high degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness, with an ability to discover and proactively remedy discrepancies
- High energy, proactive and independent individual who can serve as a partner and consultant
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to execute with moderate supervision.
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent communication skills.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Experience working with Netsuite/Oracle and/or Xero
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CFO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.