LearnUpon is looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our team in Dublin. We're proud to offer a hybrid working model, combining in-office days with the flexibility of remote work. In this role, you’ll be required to work a minimum of 2 days a week in the Dublin office.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Salt Lake City, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Accurate and smooth payroll processing is vital to LearnUpon and keeps the financial operations of the company running smoothly. This is a great opportunity for a self motivated individual to join a rapidly growing software company and make significant contributions.
This role would suit a part-qualified accountant with a passion for processing payroll and process improvement, or a payroll specialist looking to grow and develop their career with a fast growing organisation.
What will I be doing?
Overall management of the end to end payroll process, including processing of payroll and payments to all employees and contractors, answering and resolving payroll queries and consolidating and reporting on total payroll costs. Successful applicants will have a keen process improvement mindset. Tasks include but are not limited to;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of payroll and payments to employees and contractors across all LearnUpon locations
- Management of external third party payroll providers to coordinate payroll processing accurately and in compliance with taxation regulations. Manage monthly/bi-monthly payroll process that includes editing, proofing, processing and transmitting all payroll wages, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and manual payments consistent with local regulations
- Perform updates to payroll-related information and data and manage overall payroll workflow.
- Ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions and terminations
- Process granting and maintenance of employee share options
Payroll analysis and reporting:
- Ownership and maintenance of master payroll file (incorporating compensation and benefits for all current employees, new joiners and leavers) across all jurisdictions
- Month end reporting including consolidation, preparation of payroll journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Detailed analysis of payroll including month on month movements and comparison against budget and forecast
- Drive end to end process improvements to support the growing business - Engage, participate and lead process improvement projects and identify areas where further improvements can be made to save time and improve accuracy
What skills do I need?
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience processing payroll in fast growing business
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment processing large volumes of data accurately.
- Ability to learn and understand payroll and taxation requirements across multiple locations such as Ireland, USA, Serbia, and Australia
- Confident using systems, excel, word etc
- Ability to work under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Flexible, proactive and ambitious
Not required but considered a big plus
- International Payroll Experience
- Experience working with Justworks.com and Remote.com
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular social events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CFO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.