LearnUpon is looking for an Application Security Developer to join our team in Belgrade.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Application Security team is responsible for promoting secure development practices across the entire Engineering team, as well as developing security-focused features and services within our Rails application. You will be part of a team who will be focused on securing our Rails application, improving security-related components, remediation of vulnerabilities, peer reviewing of security related changes, and being a champion for good secure development practices across the Engineering team.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and maintaining of security-related components within our Rails and Microservices applications
- Working alongside other security champions to ensure continuous improvement of formal secure application development processes
- Developing new functionality required to stay up to date with industry and browser security trends
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of web application development experience
- 1+ years of Rails web application experience
- In-depth knowledge of HTTP including encryption, headers, and local storage
- A demonstrable passion for application security and a broad web application security knowledge
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Awareness of common attack vectors used in modern penetration testing
- Certification or completed courses / competitions related to AppSec (e.g. CTF style events, pen-testing, bounty hunting)
- Familiarity with common AWS services
- Exposure to other backend languages (e.g. Go, Java, Python)
- Threat modelling within a web application context
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with a senior manager.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.