At Kyo we exist to help create a life that’s more fulfilling, for our clients, for ourselves and for each other. We thrive on big, extraordinary challenges where super ideas originate and believe that scientific discovery needs empathy in order to be effective and influential.
Kyo is for the driven, open, and ambitious looking to make an impact in their community. We believe in making every minute count when we’re together, and will help you do the same while we’re apart. Together, we will change what’s possible for those with autism.
We are seeking a part-time or full-time CMDE to join our team in the Twin Cities metro area!
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct comprehensive multi-disciplinary evaluations (CMDE) to determine Medical Necessity of EIDBI Services.
- Comprehensive diagnostic evaluations must rely on various mods of information gathering, including but not limited to:
- Developmental, intellectual, or cognitive functioning; and
- Adaptive functioning; and
- Social functioning; and
- Speech, language, and communicative functioning; and
- Medical and neurological functioning.
- Review of educational and/or early interventions, physical, behavioral and long term care health records; and
- Parent or primary caregiver interview for historical information, as well as determination of current symptom presentation; and
- Direct observation of, and interaction with the eligible recipient; and
- Clear consideration of, but ideally direct and/or indirect assessment of multiple areas of functioning, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive diagnostic evaluations must be specific enough to adequately assess symptoms associated with ASD, yet broad enough to make a valid differential diagnosis and consider possible co-morbid conditions.
KYO OFFERS YOU:
- A collaborative, supportive and cutting-edge work environment with weekly individually tailored mentorship and monthly trainings.
- An annual stipend for professional development, including educational stipends.
- The opportunity to make an amplified impact on your clients’ lives by delivering comprehensive, effective, and individualized treatment.
- Reasonable workloads with seasonal billable targets and quarterly bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and monthly wellness events.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays.
- Matching 401K.
- Company provided laptop, cell phone, mileage, and telecommuting reimbursements.
- Wide spread administrative support systems.
- Meet MN Health Care Program (EIDBI) requirements to conduct and formulate a Comprehensive Multi-Disciplinary Evaluation (CMDE).
- A licensed physician, advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) or mental health professional (psychiatric nursing, clinical social work, phycology, psychiatry, or marriage and family therapy)
- At least 2,000 hours of clinical experience in the evaluation and treatment of people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and/or related conditions OR equivalent in graduate-level coursework (see equivalent coursework section) at an accredited college or university
- A results-oriented mindset.
- Strong organizational skills; with an ability to effectively prioritize and multitask.
- Outstanding relationship-building and communication skills.
- Reliable transportation, a valid state driver's license from state of residence and insurance.
- Ability to pass DOJ & FBI background check and, where applicable, TB test or TB risk assessment.
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination and booster (if eligible), no later than your scheduled start date. If you believe you are entitled to either a medical or religious exemption to our vaccination requirement, please notify your Kyo interviewer immediately so that your situation can be evaluated by Human Resources.
- Preferred working knowledge of Apple iPad technology and Google Suite.
- Must have full physical dexterity/agility/quick body movements or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required (bending, kneeling, computer typing, standing).
- Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
- May occasionally need to be able to lift and carry a pediatric population (up to 50 lbs).
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic/mobile device functions for data collection, and use a keyboard/computer, printer, fax, copier.
- Must be able to receive and act on detailed information through oral & written communication. Apply finger dexterity, oral communication & critical thinking on a regular basis.
- Specific auditory abilities required include perceiving the nature of sounds at normal to below normal speaking levels with or without corrections, and to make discrimination in sound, spacial awareness of sounds and speech at a variety of volume levels, often in background noise.
- Requires primarily sitting, but also standing and walking during a standard workday.
- Bend, twist, knee, stoop, run, reach in all directions, and crawl e.g. when interacting with children.
- Driving from client to client and to leadership and various business meetings.
- May occasionally require working longer than 8 hours/day (only applies to full-time roles).