Nice to meet you! We’re Kyo.
Kyo is a leading provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), an evidence-based therapy for individuals with autism. Kyo serves thousands of children and teens across ten states. Every day, we seek to achieve the unachievable for our clients.
As a Behavior Therapist (BT), you will work 1 on 1 with clients to implement our child-centric therapy model in home, school and/or community environments. In partnership with your clinical supervisor, you will incorporate each child’s unique interests into fun, play-based sessions. Join our team to receive personalized mentorship and professional growth opportunities while making a difference!
Pay Range: $18-22 DOE
Meet your Regional Leader here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/grace-gayles-ma-bcba-lba-02036b92/
WHY CHOOSE US? KYO PROVIDES...
- Personalized 1:1 mentorship, paid ABA training through Kyo’s Behavior Therapist Academy coursework, and professional development valuable in a variety of fields.
- Proprietary Care app allows you to easily accept or reject changes to your schedule and seamlessly communicate with our scheduling team.
- Company-paid Registered Behavior Technician credential or, where applicable, state specific ABA license (i.e. RBAI, CBT).
- Mileage reimbursement between client sessions, and paid drive time between sessions.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and company-paid subscription to the Wise@Work wellness app.
- Referral bonuses and other benefits via our employee rewards platform.
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits for staff working 30+ hours/week.
- Supervision hours and tuition reimbursement available for those enrolled in BCBA coursework.
- A company culture that is supportive, collaborative, and believes that diverse perspectives lead to more creative thinking about our work, with superior results.
KYO'S BEHAVIOR THERAPISTS:
- Provide 1:1 play-based instruction to clients using techniques from the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), as directed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), in home, school, and community settings.
- Support clients and their families in achieving individualized and meaningful outcomes (for ex: learning to communicate their wants & needs, independently dressing themselves, or using coping strategies in place of challenging behaviors).
- Utilize safe & appropriate behavior management strategies when interacting with clients, some of whom may engage in physically challenging behavior(s).
- Utilize company-provided iPad for onsite data collection, and to report progress regarding client behavior with a high level of accuracy, consistency, and organization.
- Communicate clearly, respectfully and openly with all team members, clients, and clients' parents/caregivers.
- Participate in team meetings and employee trainings.
- Provide accurate and consistent availability and communicate any upcoming changes.
- Comply with all company policies, including mandatory reporting of child health & safety concerns as described in the company's employee handbook.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum availability of either: 1) Three weekdays per week, from 3-7pm + two days from 8am-12pm or 11:30am-3pm OR 2) Five weekdays per week from 3-7pm (Monday-Friday).
- Own reliable vehicle with proof of valid in-state driver’s license and insurance (use of public transportation approved for certain caseloads in San Francisco only).
- Kyo’s Portland region serves clients from Gresham to Salem. Behavior Therapists working in this region will travel approximately 45 minutes from their home zip code.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED. AA (or equivalent units) required for most full-time positions.
- Ability to pass DOJ & FBI background check and, where applicable, TB test or TB risk assessment.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and/or maintain Registered Behavior Technician certification or, where applicable, state specific ABA licensure.
- Recent experience utilizing a tablet to complete tasks. Preferred working knowledge of Apple iPad technology and Google Suite.
- The ability to navigate a variety of online platforms as an employee of a tech forward company.
- Have the ability to regularly walk, kneel, crawl, bend, crouch, stand up from the ground, and sit on the floor or in child-sized chairs for extended periods of time. Must also have the ability to lift and carry or otherwise move a pediatric population (up to 50 pounds). Occasionally may require running or otherwise moving quickly.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to regularly use and enter data into a computer/tablet/phone.
- Specific vision abilities/visual acuity required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Be able to read and comprehend written communication through computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
- Specific auditory abilities required include perceiving the nature of sounds at normal to below normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discrimination in sound, spatial awareness of sounds and speech at a variety of volume levels, often in background noise.
- Be able to speak in a manner easily understood and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- If required by a Behavior Intervention Plan, must be willing and able to utilize safe & appropriate procedures, including quick body movements.
Apply today to meet with our Talent team and learn more!