About the Position
We are looking to hire an experienced Financial Transmission Right (FTR) Analyst to help research and analyze transmission congestion in Independent System Operators/Regional Transmission Organizations (ISO/RTO) and identify trading opportunities in FTR auctions. We will consider expertise in any ISO/RTO.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about this line of work and is eager to make an immediate impact. You will join our growing FTR team in New York and work alongside other analysts and experienced traders across the desk. We’ll depend on you to help write software, analyze trades and positions, and provide guidance to the rest of the team to make our work stronger.
Staying competitive as we’ve grown has required constant invention — of new trading strategies, technology, and processes. We’ve found this is easier when you hire humble, kind people. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding function of our firm’s work, and we’ll endeavor to put your quick-thinking and problem-solving skills to good use.
- 2+ years of experience working as a transmission or congestion analyst
- Excellent modeling and programming skills
- FTR trading desk experience preferred but not required
- Strong working knowledge of any ISO/RTO
- Analytical; comfortable leveraging probability and statistics to solve problems
- Reliable and flexible team player with a positive attitude
- Comfortable working and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated self-starter who can handle competing priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn, adaptive, responsible
- Fluency in English required