At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies.
To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled, “hands-on” individual to join as Electrical EngineeringTechnician for the assembly of a new generation of Biopods and setup of our first factory. You will report directly into a cross-functional engineering team responsible for assembly of our product. Your efforts will directly contribute to laying the foundation for new product lines. You will have the opportunity to contribute to both process development and continuous improvement of the equipment. A strong drive to learn new skills and acquire knowledge will enhance your ability to support production operations. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to maintain your position as a team player.
- Lead electrical projects and installs for maintenance and engineering teams as well as provide guidance and expertise on electrical issues and safety
- Support product assembly and facility setup
- Interpret schematics to build electrical panels and circuits. as well as assist in creation and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Troubleshoot root cause of tool errors and substandard performance in a cost-effective manner including PLC troubleshooting, electro-mechanical systems, components, electronic sensors and switches
- Training Certification as Electrical Technician as well as experience with interpreting schematics, panel building, circuit wiring, troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of sensors, switches, lasers, dispensers, robotics, and conveyance systems
- Experience and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Paris, France
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.