Under limited supervision, The NOC Engineer will proactively monitor and administer all monitoring systems ensuring maximum uptime and system availability to the business. The Network Operations Technician will provide 1st level engineering support to all technical groups including (DevOps, systems, network, DB and development) by responding to, investigating and resolving, or assisting in the resolution of, in a timely manner, issues reported via the Service Desk and/or Automated Monitoring and Alerting Systems such as PRTG. The Network Operations Engineer will assist the DevOps and infrastructure teams in day-to-day administrative tasks and projects. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures by doing the following duties.
- Provide 1st Level Engineering and Administrative support for DevOps, network, and MS Windows-based infrastructure and systems.
- Assist Technology Operations Engineering staff in day-to-day engineering and administrative duties.
- Assist Technology Operations Engineering staff in implementations, upgrades and patches of systems.
- Work as part of the NOC team in support of business objectives, troubleshooting issues and outages, program implementations and client requests.
- Manage trouble ticket queue, adhering to ITIL change and incident management processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility including play books for other staff members of the NOC team.
- Assist in internal customer networking issues.
- Assist Information Security team in meeting all security compliance regulations and requirements. Includes documentation, log management and responding to audit requests.
- Provide general office IT support as needed
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience working with internal and external monitoring systems such as PRTG, site 24/7 and others
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify system malfunctions and operations problems
- Detailed working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012) based systems.
- Familiarity with CatchPoint, KeyNote, Site24x7 or similar is necessary.
- Detailed working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP and related common protocols, including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, FTP/S, SMTP, HTTP/S, Telnet, NTP and SSH
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Exposure to private and public cloud services like VMware and AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of IT experience.
Bachelors Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Information Science and Microsoft Certification preferred.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. The team member is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
Job Description Acknowledgement:
I have received a copy of my job description for my current position. The job description describes duties and responsibilities which apply to me. I agree to read the job description and understand it may be amended as company conditions or requirements necessitate. In that case, changes will be communicated to me.
Team Member Name (PRINT): ___________________________________
Team Member Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _____________________
Human Resources (PRINT): _________________________________
Human Resources Signature: ______________________________ Date: _____________________
iHerb is a leading global e-commerce retailer with an emphasis on providing an exceptional selection of nutritional and wellness products for the past 25 years. With over 30,000 products shipped to over 180 countries, we provide the best overall value for natural products through an innovative and efficient supply chain process.
Our teams have a strong sense of commitment and pride in their work, which has allowed us to grow, even during the recent pandemic. At iHerb, our purpose is to empower people to enhance their health, happiness, and well-being — that starts with valuing our team members by providing a positive work environment with competitive benefits. Our five shared values unite our team members across the globe and provide a stable foundation. These values speak to who we are, the culture we’re building, and how every single team member contributes to our larger company vision.
iHerb's Shared Values
Focus on the Customer · Empower Our People · Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly · Embrace Diversity & Inclusion · Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well and plan for the financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. Below is a snapshot of the benefits we offer our team members. For a more comprehensive listing, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com.
- Medical Care: Starting in 2021, iHerb covers 100% of the associated cost for medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401(k) + company match (100% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution)
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (for qualifying expenses)
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Education Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development and Job Training
- Wellness Programs with opportunity to earn up to $300 per year
We strive for innovation, targeted at delivering a customer-centric experience while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite and paramount to our success. iHerb strives to be the global industry leader!
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.